Friday, August 17, 2007

Oh My @#%$@#$!

Thou Shalt Not take the Lord's name in vain. That is the third commandment given to Moses from God.

# 3 Kind of important, so why is it so often broken without a second thought? I hear our Lord's name taken as a curse everyday! I know I am not the only one, it is everywhere! It is really heart breaking! God is not someone to curse but to praise, to worship and adore. Here is the thing, it just seems to be an expression like, "Oh My!" nothing to worry over, no offense, no problem. Why?

I have started to say a Hail Mary every time I hear someone curse the Lord's name. I don't remember all the time, but I try to at least recognize it and apologize for them. It breaks my heart! Today, if you hear someone curse using the Lord's name say a prayer for them and apologize to our Lord for them, that will mean something. God Bless

1 comment:

Joyful Catholic said...

Amen Sarah... we must say prayers for them, for like Jesus said on the Cross..."They know not what they do."

But we DO know what they Do so it's up to us to pray for them, not curse them. Maybe those offered prayers will turn a heart down the line.

PAX,
susie